Asia’s rich culture makes it a very interesting place to visit, especially during the local holidays. Just like the western countries, Asia also makes a great destination for couples who like to travel as it gives them the chance to immerse themselves in a country with a culture that is far different from theirs.
We’ve made a list of the Top 10 Travel Spot for Couples in Asia and India gets the first spot. When you hear ‘Indian’ you would mostly think Bombay, curry and the like because these are what makes India famous. However, other fun things to do in India, especially for couples are to visit the Jaisalmer which can lead you to the ornate gate and the Krishna temple that leads to the beautiful Gadi Sagar, a spectacular view during the sunset.
Japansets in second place of the Top 10 Travel Spot for Couples. Popular for beautiful cherry blossoms, Japanese food here.
Thailand’s Ko Samui is third on our Top 10 Travel Spot for Couples list. This is an island that boasts of unique bungalow beach front properties that couples can rent without going beyond their vacation budget. As an added bonus, your Thai trip with your loved one becomes more exciting because you will get to experience one of the most beautiful airports in the world in Thailand.
Fourth from the Top 10 Travel Spot for Couples is Cambodia. Visit Cambodia’s Bokor National Park with your loved one and explore the jungle to have the chance to interact with some bears and horn bills. Perfect for adventurous couples.
On the fifth spot on our Top 10 Travel Spot for Couples is Hong Kong, one of the most exciting cities in the entire world. Intoxicate yourselves with Hong Kong’s night market and find out your fortune at the Wong Tai Sin Temple. See if you and your loved one are compatible and if there’s anything you can do to better your luck with each other.
Sixth on the Top 10 Travel Spot for Couples is Borobudur, Indonesia where you and your loved one can enjoy the view of mountain s that are ringed on the beautiful island of Java. Then we have the Perhentian Islandin Malaysia that perfectly spells lovers’ paradise. Eighth in rank is the Batanes Islands in the Philippines– the island which is amazingly closer to Taiwanthat to the country’s capital which is Manila. Halong bay is at the ninth spot on our Top 10 Travel Spot for Couples where you get the chance to have your own (temporary island) and kayak around it with your love. Lastly,Singapore completes the Top 10 Travel Spot for Couples. Enjoy this amazingly clean country and enjoy various activities with your loved l=one like shopping, zoo sighting and more
Top 10 Travel Spots for Couples in the Philippines
The Philippines is one of the most culturally and historically rich countries in Asia which is famous for the hospitality of the Filipino people as well as the diverse tourist spots that can be enjoyed. We have come up with the top 10 travel spot for couples in the Philippines and here they are:
- Metro Manila – the capital of the country which is also a melting pot, not only for Filipino culture but for other Asian cultures as well including Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. Spots here are mostly of historical nature like the Fort Bonifacio and the Luneta Park. This is the first on the list of our top 10 travel spot for couples because this is the first place you’ll be in when you fly in from another country because the International Airport is located here as well.
- Baguio City – claims second spot on our top 10 travel spot for couples. Well known for the cool climate and good weather, Baguio City is also home to the freshest strawberries and the rich Igorot culture. Enjoy a ride in one of the boats in Burnham Lake and feel like you’re riding a gondola in Venice, Italy with your loved one. You can also visit the Shape Up Gym which has become famous since the boxing icon Manny Pacquiao has used it for his training sessions.
- San Juan, La Union – dubbed as the surfing capital of the Philippines, San Juan boasts of pristine beaches and huge waves that are perfect for couples who love to surf.
- Batangas – is home to the famous ‘kapeng barako’, a coffee that is known for its strong flavor made from roasted Batangas coffee beans. You will also be amazed at the ornate craftsmanship of Batanguenos shown through the designs of their ‘balisong’.
- Palawan – comes fifth on our top 10 travel spot for couples and is home to one of the newest 7 wonders which is the Puerto Princesa underground river, Palawan boasts of a naturally diverse ecosystem as well. This is also where you can find crocodile and pearl farms.
- Pampanga – the culinary haven of the Philippines. This is where most of the good cooks are known to come from. Pampanga is famous for Kapampangan cuisine which is truly exotic but enticing. Try ‘sisig’ (roasted pig’s ears, cheeks and liver all mixed together with lime, onions and ginger) or ‘betute’ (fried frogs) and savor the unique flavor of this top 10 travel spot for couples.
- Cagayan de Oro – places seventh on the top 10 travel spot for couples and if there a place from the top 10 travel spot for couples in the Philippines that is perfect for white water rafting, that would be Cagayan de Oro.
- Bohol – claims the eighth spot on the top 10 travel spot for couples. This place is home to one of the world’s smallest mammals which is the tarsier and is also home to the ever famous chocolate hills.
- Tagaytay – similar to Baguio City, Tagaytay also has a cool climate. This is where you’ll be able to enjoy the Taal Volcano, a volcano in the middle of a lake.
- Guimaras Island – this island completes our list of the top 10 travel spot for couples. Enjoy a boat ride from the city of Iloilo to the island of Guimaras and experience swimming in untouched, pristine, white sand beaches better than the commercial beaches at Boracay. This island is also famous for their sweet mangoes.